Xylanase or hemicellulase are a diverse class of enzymes that hydrolyze hemicelluloses or xylan compound, a group of polysaccharides comprising xylan, xylobiose, and arabinogalactan. The xylanase act on these complex nonstarch polysaccharides, which are composed of β-glycosidic linkages and contain five or six-carbon sugars, but not cellulose.
Xylanase is an important enzyme that is used to degrade one of the essential components of a plant’s cell wall. This component is known as hemicellulose. Xylanase breaks down the linear polysaccharide xylan into xylose.
Application of xylanase
Xylanase is used in the bread-making process, the elastic of the dough with appropriate xylanase is enhanced significantly and easy to operate.
- the skin colour is moderate & hardness decrease after baking
- the texture is white & delicate
- the structure is fine & smooth
- the time of dough formation and dough stabilization is shortened significantly
- the stoma is uniform
- The bread is soft and chewy.
- the proofing dough volume is increased significantly
Xylanase is used in the storage of bread
- the appropriate xylanase can retard bread staling
- preventing water loss and re-allocate
- Stabilize the organizational structure of the bread.
- improve the water holding capacity of the bread and optimize the gluten network
Other application of xylanase:-
- beer brewery industries
- juice and wine industries
- animal feed industries
- paper and pulp industries